Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Dairy Free Pink Buttercream Frosting








There are a lot of things people who don't eat dairy can't have. One of those things is buttercream frosting. Buttercream frosting is the most commonly used frosting to cover cakes with. I realized not too long ago that I could easily make this frosting dairy free. Way to go!




Adapted from Betty Crocker.

Ingredients:

3 cups organic powdered sugar

1 tsp. Vanilla

1-2 Tablespoons almond milk ( I recommend not using coconut milk since it usually leaves a coconutty taste)

1/3 cup soy free and dairy free buttery spread (to see what kind I recommend, scroll down below)

1-2 tablespoons of beet juice

In a medium sized bow, cream "butter" and sugar using an electric mixer on low. Add vanilla and 1 Tbl. almond milk. Gradually add 2nd tablespoon of milk. If it's too thick, add a little more milk until you get desired consistency. Add beet juice and mix until color is blended well. Frosts about twelve cupcakes.













Note: I recommend using the soy free Earth Balance buttery spread.
Not only is it free of soy and dairy, but GMO, Lactose, Gluten  
and expeller-pressed oil! Below is a picture of the "butter" I use.







What did you think of this article? Let me know by leaving me a comment below!










No comments:

Post a Comment