Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Yummy Cranberry Sauce!







I've never had cranberry sauce. In fact I've never known what people use it for during Thanksgiving. It never appealed to me because I thought people put it on their turkey or whatever. I didn't know. :) But, it wasn't until I asked someone that I found out. You simply eat it by itself (though some people do differently). When I started googling recipes for cranberry sauce and saw the pictures..it actually looked pretty appealing. Apart from the canned cranberry sauce. That just reminds me of beets. And not the yummy type of beets. Anyway, when I made this, I couldn't believe how good it tasted! You'll probably have a few of these ingredients on hand
.




Ingredients Needed:

1 cup Organic Orange Juice

12 oz. Bag  Of Cranberries

1/2 cup of Organic Sugar



 In a pot on high, combine ingredients. Once it comes to a boil, immedietly put on medium heat. Using a  spoon spoon out the pinkish bubbles/foam forming on top. Then leave on medium heat for ten minutes stirring occasionally. Once done, let cool. Enjoy!






What do you think of the canned cranberry sauce vs. the homemade sauce?





Link of the day:

Sweet Potato Pie (Grain and dairy free)

Screen shot 2013-10-31 at 2.48.50 PM




2 comments:

  1. I really love cranberries and this love actually made me suffer a lot because I used to drink a lot of cranberry juice and within a month I noticed that I gained 5 lbs lol
    My family has now literally banned me from drinking anymore cranberry juice haha. Now I have even joined a gym to lose that cranberry belly lol

    ReplyDelete