Thursday, January 16, 2014

Copycat Clondike Peppermint Patties




Peppermint patties are probably my all time favorite candy! They're so good! Only last Christmas did I learn how to make them. But, thing is, I'm not able to use the same recipe since it calls for condensed milk. Thankfully, I found a great peppermint pattie recipes. I have made this recipes sugar free, also (unless you add chocolate chips, which I did not do ). So in all, this recipe is sugar free, dairy free and gluten free (gluten free if you use chocolate chips). At, first I thought I wouldn't be able to enjoy my favorite treat!




Slightly adapted from :Chocolate Covered Katie



Ingredients Needed:

  2. Tsp.Filtered Water

1/4 cup of Cocoa or Chocolate Chips (melt chips in a saucepan first)

2 Tbsp. Pure Maple Syrup

2 Tbsp. Coconut Butter

1/8 Tsp. Pure Peppermint Extract

4 Tbsp. Pure Honey



Mix honey and peppermint extract  in a small bowl. In a different bowl, combine last four ingredients. Using cupcake liners, spread out half of the chocolate, then spread the peppermint part on top.Then, cover with chocolate and freeze until chilled.
To Store: Keep refrigerated.

Make approx. three patties.



Note: if using chocolate chips, first pour the chocolate in the cupcake line, then freeze it until chilled. Then add honey and freeze until chilled. Then add chocolate and freeze until chilled. If you use cocoa, you patties will most likely be chewier.




Link of the day: Make Your own Non-Toxic Face Paints!




What's your favorite candy?





View my pinterest page! http://www.pinterest.com/bouquetofroses0/


















No comments:

Post a Comment