Sunday, February 10, 2013

How to make an avacado sandwich


Sorry, I  haven't published a post for a while, because I've been really busy! Anyway, I'll move on to the main topic.
 This sandwich may not  sound too appetizing, but it's actually really good! I've never really been that crazy about avacado, but I've had a change of heart after trying this. My mom actually is the one who came up with this sandwich. I have to admit, I was a little nervous about trying this! But, looks are deceiving!





Here's what you'll need:
avacado dip (the recipe for making this is below!)
a cucumber (four slices per sandwich)
tomatoes (four slices per sandwich.)
alfalfa sprouts (I didn't have this on hand at the time)
 green onions






Here's how you make it:




                       First, chop up the green onions, tomatoes, and all the other veggies.













         Spread the avacado onto the bread. Only spread it on one piece...not on both slices of bread.













                                                        Then, add all your veggies. 





How to make the avacado dip:
Okay, this recipe is really simple!

You need,
a food processor or a fork if you don't have a food processor (I didn't have a food processor on hand, so it took me longer than usual to make it.)
1 avacado
1 tsp. lemon juice

Here's how you do it:




                               Add the avacado and the lemon juice to a bowl, then start mashing the         avacado.











Sorry about the picture being blurred!


                               After a while, you avacado, should start to look like this.







                                            Now you're ready to spread it on the bread!


















                                                                          Yum!
























1 comment:

  1. I love avocado sandwiches especially with some swiss cheese or gouda!

    ReplyDelete