Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Make rosemary oil






 I've always wanted to know how to make scented oils..and it can actually be really easy to make! I tried one recipe I found and it was a total failure. You see, some recipes just aren't made for me. I decided to try on of my ideas and... it works! So, I've decided to share it with you. And, if you've tried it, please let me know what you think, I'd love to hear from you! :)




Here's what you need to make it:
4 to 6 sprigs of fresh rosemary (you may want to add more than 4 or 6. First start with that amount, then if you want it stronger, add more) that has been hung for about two to three days
a jar with a lid
1 cup olive oil
 a strainer









Here's how you make it:






                                                         First, measure the olive oil.











                                         Then, put the rosemary and olive oil in an airtight bag.










                                  Using a rolling pin, gently roll back and forth over the rosemary.













                                Take the handle of the rolling pin and pound the rosemary gently.














                                 Put a bowl under the strainer and strain the rosemary oil. Then, transfer the oil into the jar. Store in a dark area.




























No comments:

Post a Comment