Friday, August 23, 2013

Make Yummy Pumpkin Spice Granola



Okay, okay, it is a little early to be talking about things to do with pumpkins since it's not even Thanksgiving yet! But, I could eat this all year long and not just during the holidays! This is my 2nd attempt at making granola. The first attempt...well, let's just say it didn't turn out quite right. :D The 2nd attempt..well, that turned out great! I like making my granola a lot better than buying it at  the store because I know what I'm putting in it and I can play around with it.
It's a lot more fun! If you made this granola, let me know what you think in the comments below!

Make the granola:

Preheat oven to 300 degrees

3 cups of oats

1/3 cup of olive oil

1/2 cup of raw honey

1/4 tsp. of ground cloves

1/4 tsp. of powdered ginger

1 tsp. of cinnamon

a dash of nutmeg

1/2 cup of dried currants (I prefer dried instead of
dehydrated)

1/2 cup of chopped almonds

1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds


Mix together ingredients in a large sized bowl. If you have dehydrated currants don't add them until after you've baked the granola because the currants will end up hard to digest if you don't. Spread granola on a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes to an hour. Depending how crunchy you want it. Wouldn't these just make great gifts! Hmm...




No comments:

Post a Comment