Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Red Velvet Cupcakes (Vegan)


Okay, so they're not so red.


Mmm...I'm still tasting the cupcakes! They were so Good! In fact, they're so good you don't need frosting! When I tasted it, it tasted like it already had frosting!  Next time I try this I'm going to try making it as a cake! I found this recipe on a blog called Choclate Covered Katie. She has a great blog! I strongly advise you to check it out!! :)  Anyway, to view the original recipes you can click HERE. Of course, I made some changes. And doubled the
recipe (like she advised).
The recipe said it'd make 12 when doubled, but when I doubled it only made 7. So, I plan to make another batch. My cupcakes didn't turn out very red, though. So next time I plan on adding more beet juice. I made my own beet juice by simply juicing it. This is a great natural solution to Red Velvet cupcakes that have dye in it. These cupcakes will show people eating health can be fun!


Recipe for Red Velvet Cupcakes:

Preheat oven to 350.


1 cup of Organic All Purpose Flour

1/2  cup of Slimcado (These are Californian avocados. They're different from your average avocado)

1/2 Tsp. Baking soda

1/2 cup beet juice (you may need to add a little more if not red enough)

4 Tbsp. of water (I use filtered water for everything except cleaning.)

1 cup of Organic sugar + 2 tsp.

6 Tbsp All natural cocoa powder

1/2 tps. sea salt

Water (this will be used for the avocado)


Instructions: 

In medium sized bowl, combine dry ingredients. Mix well and then add the beet juice and the water. Blend avocado in a food processor or blender. Then, add water until you have a paste. Add this to your mixture. Combine well. Immediately transfer to cupcake liners. Bake for 14 minutes. Enjoy!


If you tried the cupcakes, I'd love to know what you thought of them!







No comments:

Post a Comment