Friday, October 25, 2013

Spicy Pumpkin Latte!


Since pumpkins are everywhere now, I decided I should take this opportunity and post this recipe. First of all, I didn't think this would turn out to be a success at the beginning. Because I had forgotten pumpkins were stinky (except for some canned pumpkins) and when I smelled my canned pumpkin, I thought it was bad. I thought, 'Oh, no...this won't turn out right.
But, as you know this turned out fine. If it hadn't I wouldn't be posting it in the first place! :) In fact, as I'm writing this post, I'm  sipping my latte.  :)

Ingredients Needed:

2 Tbl. Organic Sugar

1/2 cup almond milk (I used Silk's)

1 cup brewed  organic coffee

2 Tbl. organic canned pumpkin

1/8 tsp. allspice or ground cloves

1/4 tsp. ground ginger

1/2 tsp. cinnamon

1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg


In a sauce pan, add the ingredients. Let simmer until sugar dissolves. Stir every once in a while. Once sugar dissolves, pour ingredients in a blender. Make sure to leave the lid open a little because the latte should be steaming. Blend until frothy. Pour in a mug (or mugs) and enjoy. Makes about 1 1/2 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment